Get Your Non-Owner SR22 Filing Quickly and Efficiently
If you don’t own a vehicle but are in need of an SR22 filing, our Non-owner SR22 insurance policy is the solution you need. Our affordable rates and quick and easy filing process will get you back on the road in no time. Plus, our local customer service team is always here to answer your questions and help you find the right coverage for you. So why wait? Get a quote today!
What is is Non-Owner SR22 Insurance ?
A Non-Owner SR22 Insurance policy is a liability insurance policy specifically designed for people who do not own a vehicle to their name but are required by the state to file for an SR22. A Non-Owner SR-22 policy mainly covers damages/injuries that might occur if the policyholder causes an accident or a mishap.
Who Needs Non-Owner SR22 Insurance?
Non-Owner SR22 insurance is generally required for individuals charged with a DUI, traffic or a license violation but don’t own a vehicle to their name. To satisfy the DMV order for proof of financial responsibility, they are required to file for a Non-Owner policy.
How much does Non-Owner SR22 Insurance Cost?
The average cost of a Non-Owner SR22 Insurance policy is anywhere between $15 to $50 on average across the United States.
But there are multiple factors the affect the cost of the policy in the first place.They are as follows:
1. Location: The cost of insurance varies from state to state and even by the zip code of the policy holder
2. Driving Record: The driving record of the policyholder i.e factors such as traffic violation, accident record, etc also come into consideration while considering the insurance cost.
3. Insurance Company: Different insurance companies can provide different coverage options.
4. Coverage amounts: Factors such as higher liability limits and an additional coverage option will result in a higher premium.
How does Non-Owner SR22 Insurance Work?
Non-Owner SR22 Insurance works in the following ways:
- Policy filing: It is the insurance company that files the Non-Owner policy with the state DMV on behalf of the policyholder.
- Monitoring: The insurance company monitors the status of the policy on behalf of the policyholder and informs both the DMV and the policyholder if the coverage lapses or expires.
- Continuous coverage: It is the responsibility of the policyholder to maintain continuous coverage covered the required time period as directed by the state DMV.
- Proof of Coverage: The policyholder must have valid proof of non-owner SR22 insurance in the form of an insurance card while operating a non-owned vehicle at all times
What is not covered under non-owner SR-22 insurance?
The following are not covered under a Non-Owner SR22 Insurance policy:
- Personal belonging: Items such as bags, electronics, etc are not covered under a Non-Owner SR22 policy.
- Medical Cost: The medical cost of the driver involved in the accident is not covered by the policy as it is only required to provide total liability coverage.
- Damage of the borrowed/rented car: The policy does not cover the damage cost of the borrowed/rented car in case of an accident.
What are the benefits of Non-Owner SR22 insurance?
The benefits of Non-Owner SR22 insurance are as follows:
- Maintains driving privileges: It helps in maintaining driving privileges as well as avoiding license suspension.
- Fulfills legal requirements: It helps the policyholder to comply with the state’s requirement for proof of financial responsibility.
- Affordable coverage: It provides affordable coverage for people who don’t own a car but still are required to file for an SR22.
- Provides coverage for vehicles: It also helps in providing coverage for a rented or a borrowed vehicle.
Non-Owner SR-22 Cost In Numbers
Is the average filing cost of a Non-Owner Policy across the United States.
3 Years is the average holding period of a Non-Owner SR22 Insurance policy
Is the average monthly cost of a Non-Owner policy across the United States.
- Non-owner SR22 insurance is a type of liability insurance policy designed for individuals who do not own a vehicle but are required to file an SR22 certificate with their state.
- A Non-Owner car insurance policy in the US costs an average of $1,438 per year for SR-22 filers.
- The filing cost for a Non-Owner SR22 policy is anywhere between $15 to $50 depending on the insurance company.
Most frequent questions and answers regarding SR-22 Insurance
Yes, non-owner SR22 insurance provides coverage when you rent or borrow a car.
The length of time you need non-owner SR22 insurance will vary based on your state’s requirements, but it can range from a few years to several years.
The cost of non-owner SR22 insurance varies based on factors such as the driver’s location, driving record, and insurance history.
© 2022 All Rights Reserved.